State Farm Youth Classic is looking for volunteers for June 25-27, 2018. Volunteer duties include Skills Challenge scorekeepers, shuttle drivers, and observers, which are assigned to a foursome and assist with keeping score.
1321 Courtland Ave.
Normal, IL 61761
Volunteer positions available:
- Keep an unofficial tally of each competitor’s score in the foursome assigned to you.
- Check for accuracy with each competitor after each hole.
- Encourage players to increase the pace of play to keep up, or catch up, with the group ahead.
- Make sure spectators remain a reasonable distance away from the competitors and that there are no cameras, cell phones disrupting the competition.
- Mark the line of flight with a target in the distance to assist in the search of golf balls.
- Each shuttle driver will be responsible for driving golfers from one hole to another, which increases the pace of play.
- Keep score for various aspects of the Skills Challenge, including long drive, short game, and putting competitions.
All SFYC volunteers will receive a t-shirt when checking in at their assigned course. All volunteers will also receive a free lunch. Please stop at the pro shop counter after nine holes, or when is convenient for you, to receive your lunch.